Defensive Handgun: Elderly Man Defends Himself From His Grandson
There is another story out of Texas involving a senior citizen and his defensive use of a firearm. The 81 year old man was able to shot his grandson who was attacking him with a knife.
The grandson was treated for his injuries and arrested immediately. His rap sheet includes:
• Possession of a controlled substance
• Failure to Identify, giving false information
• Theft of a Firearm
• Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon
• Two DWI’s
• Failure to stop and give information on an accident
• Aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (again)
• Bodily injury to an elderly person
Many of these charges resulted in jail time, just enough for him to get back out and commit another crime. We are glad the victim is alright and hopefully this hardened criminal spends the rest of his life behind bars.
Ready to get your permit? Select your state!