Contact Us     

Concealed Carry 3 Step Sign Up

Even though Kansas is considered a permit-less state, Kansas issues permits. By getting the New Hampshire Nonresident Carry Permit/License, you can carry legally in many more states!

While Kansas issues carry permits/licenses to residents, residents also have the option of permit-less carry.

Our online training course will allow you to apply for your New Hampshire Nonresident Carry Permit/License which is honored in Kansas for residents and nonresidents. It is also honored in many other states.


Kansas Concealed Carry Permit

Read below to view the most recent laws, regulations and guidelines regarding Kansas’s Concealed Carry Laws As Of 2020*



Does This Course Qualify Me To Obtain A New Hampshire Nonresident Carry Permit/License?

Yes. You will NOT be applying for your permit in Kansas. This is for you to obtain a New Hampshire Nonresident Carry Permit/License which is accepted in Kansas as a valid concealed carry permit.

How Long is the New Hampshire Nonresident Carry Permit/License Valid?

New Hampshire Nonresident Carry Permits/Licenses are valid for 5 years. We suggest you apply at least 90 days before the expiration of your permit to be sure you have plenty of time to submit it to the New Hampshire State Police to be renewed to allow enough time for you to get your new permit before the old one expires.

How to apply for your New Hampshire Nonresident Permit:

To apply for your New Hampshire Nonresident Permit: As a nonresident, you can take the online CCW permit from New Hampshire.

  1. Complete firearms training course at an accredited site like National Carry Academy ( or in person at our in-class site.
  2. Download and print a certificate of successful completion.
  3. Apply to New Hampshire website. See ( If you have questions, contact the state of New Hampshire (
  4. Download an application at:
  5. Send application with a check for $100 to:
    Department of Safety
    New Hampshire 

    Division of State Police
    Permits and Licensing Unit
    33 Hazen Drive
    Concord, NH 03305


To obtain your New Hampshire Nonresident Carry Permit/License, you will need to submit an additional $100 made payable to the New Hampshire Police.

This class/training is only valid for one year before you apply for your permit. If you do not apply within one year, your training will not be valid and you will have to retake training per state law.


*Laws and outlines are updated to the best of our ability.

Kansas Conceal Carry Laws Updated As Of 2020*

Reciprocity Guidelines for Kansas

Kansas is one of the five states in the U.S. that honors all permits/licenses issued in the other states, for non-residents, provided that the carrier is 21 years old or older.

75-7c03. Non-residents of Kansas who are issued concealed carry permits/licenses from other states shall be honored by the state.

Note: Starting July 1, 2015, Kansas residents are allowed to carry their concealed firearms for self-defense in Oklahoma without the need for any kind of license/permit. The carrier must bring with him the carry license obtained from the state he belongs to when carrying any type of defensive firearm. To read more information about the law that applies to those who come from permitless states, visit Oklahoma’s page at

Carrying without a permit within Kansas

The case mentioned below is considered as criminal carrying of a weapon in Kansas: a. Non-residents below 21 years old who are carrying concealed guns or other types of firearms, except when they are on their own land, home or business.

Section 75-7c03 does not imply that only those who have licenses/permits to present are the ones who will be allowed to carry their pistols, revolvers or other firearms. Rather, Kansas wants that all non-residents must be at least 21 years old to be able to carry their firearms on the places listed under section 21-6302. The state also wants to assure the legality of the firearm owned by non-residents.

Applying for a Permit in Kansas

When applying for a permit in Kansas, applicants must complete the form and print the information using blue or black ink. Applicants must go the office of the sheriff in the country on which they reside. Additional documents must be attached on the application including the following:

1. First-time applicants and expired permits: two money orders including personal checks or cashier’s checks. The first one is for $100 ($50 for retired law enforcers) which will be paid the “Office of the Attorney General and the second one is $32.50 ($25 for retired law enforcers) which will be paid to the “Sheriff of (the country of Residence) County”. Payments sent by the applicants cannot be refunded.

2. A xerox copy of the certificate of completion or an affidavit with the attorney general’s signature to show that applicants have undergone accredited training classes. Retired law enforcers are not required to submit this if they have received certifications from the Kansas Law Enforcement Training Commission within the last 8 years prior to submitting the application. They must also include the proof of retirement given by the retiring agency. Photocopy of retirement credential that shows the retirement date and the signature of the chief administrator can serve as a proof.

3. A 2″x2″ passport-sized colored picture that must be taken not longer than 30 days prior to submission of the application. Photo with hat or sunglasses will not be accepted. It must fully show the head and the shoulders of the applicant. The photo should be attached on the second page of the application.

After completing all the documents and filling up the first, second and third sections of the application, submit them all to the county sheriff of your state. He will photocopy your Kansas driver’s license or any identification card, have your fingerprints on and submit all your documents to the attorney general.

• If you answer “no” to all the first four questions, and answer “yes” to the remaining questions in Section II, your application may likely be denied. For the successful release of license, answer each question honestly. If in case you answered “no” to questions 1 to 4 and “yes” to numbers 5 up to 16, make a complete explanation of the reasons on a separate paper and attach this to the documents that you will submit.

• Those who want to apply for licenses but have history of expunged felony offenses or other crimes are also encouraged to apply. But, these conditions should be met first to be qualified:
o The offense is already erased from the applicant’s record
o Expungement of the applicant’s felony was awarded 5 years prior to the date of application
When completing the application form, make sure that these will all be disclosed in the Section II. The attorney general cannot access records for expunged records. If the applicant fails to meet these criteria, the application for a license will not be accepted.

Consulting a private lawyer can help you in analyzing your case and find out if you are eligible to submit an application. Legal counsel cannot be provided by the attorney general.

The attorney general should approve or deny an individual’s application within 90 days. If approved, the attorney general will the send the “license approval notice” to the applicant stating his approval to obtain a license and instructions on how to proceed. The applicant must go to any participating Kansas Department of Revenue driver’s license station to have himself photographed for his license card. The CCH license card will be sent to the address of the licensee.

All payments made cannot be refunded.

Major changes to the statute includes the following:

a. Kansas residents who move to other states are given the allowance to have their license valid for the next 90 days after they move in. For this to be possible, the resident must inform the attorney general regarding their relocation. The state to which they are moving into must also agree to recognize the individual’s license even though he is not a resident of Kansas anymore. After the allowance of 90 days, the individual should be responsible of obtaining a new license or taking the necessary steps to be allowed to carry guns.
b. If a resident decides to return to Kansas may use their CCH license with no penalty. For this to happen, he must also inform the attorney general about the date of relocation and the date of return. If he fails to provide the notice, he will be charged with a penalty of $100 fine or license suspension for up to 180 days.

Applying for a Non-Resident Permit

For individuals who recently moved to Kansas and has pending process of application for Kansas CCL (which should include a copy of the current license issued on the state of origin), the attorney general will give 180-day allowance to legally carry their weapons. The office of the Attorney General will have to identify if the training received by an applicant before obtaining the license from a non-Kansas state matches to the training required by the law in Kansas to be able to receive a license.

• If the applicant received his non-Kansas CCL after undergoing a training that is comparable to the Kansas law, he will not be required to complete another training in Kansas.

• If the applicant received his non-Kansas CCL before undergoing any kind of training, he will be required to complete the training in Kansas within 180 days (allowance to legally carry with a non-Kansas permit) to obtain a license. Otherwise, the application will not be accepted.

For individuals who plan on moving to Kansas:
Section 75-7c03

Individuals who are planning to move to the state can carry their concealed weapons until their application for Kansas permits are approved or denied, provided that they possess valid carry permits from the attorney general. The licenses provided by the AG comes with a receipt which shows that the individual’s application is still in process.

Kansas also allows active non-resident members of the military to apply for a license. If you have been stationed in Kansas with your family, you will be issued a license even though you are also a resident of another state. The process will be the same for Kansas residents.

Carry Permit Limitations

A licensed concealed carrier who enters a property with a sign not allowing firearms will not be charged a crime immediately. He may be asked to leave the place and if he refuses, he may face a violation of trespassing. Public establishments usually have this signage.

Public and Private K-12 Schools may use the approved signage by the Attorney General to prevent carrying of concealed firearms inside the campus. If signage is not posted, carrying inside is considered lawful.

The State School for the Deaf and Blind may also use the ‘normal’ signage approved by the AG. If no signage is posted, then carrying concealed is permitted.

Places considered as “Off Limits” must have signage and must be approved by the Attorney General. Parking lots or any other place designated for people to park their vehicles are not included in “buildings”.

Employees should not be discouraged by the employer to carry their handguns during work. Public places are not considered as buildings. Jail facility and correctional facility are considered “off limits.”

Inside the courtroom, the chief judges of judicial districts will be the one to decide whether weapons will be allowed or not.

State employees are allowed to carry while working provided that their building doesn’t have a signage approved by the AG. If there are adequate security measures in the building, employees may still carry their firearms but they must first seek approval from the authorities. “Adequate security measures” means that there are tools and personnel on the building that can restrict the possession of firearms within the municipal or state building.

Carrying a firearm under the influence of alcohol or drugs is considered as class A nonperson misdemeanor.

For tribal lands, laws are being implemented according to their respective tribes. They do not adhere with the state laws. If a licensed carrier plans on traveling to tribal lands, he must first contact the authorities to know about their regulations.

When traveling, carriers may take the firearms off their bodies, loaded or unloaded. They can also leave their guns inside the vehicle.

Gun Sign Requirements and Limitations

An individual who is carrying a firearm inside a building approved by the AG to restrict weapons, he may be denied entry to the premises. No criminal penalty should be charged to such individual, but he must leave the building when asked to do so.

Police Contact Carry Inform Requirements

A carrier does not need to inform immediately an officer on contact when he is carrying a firearm, but he must always bring with him his valid license and present it to the law enforcement officer with the proper identification when asked. The officer, on the other hand, will verify the license by checking his record through the information in his driver’s license or by his carrying license number.

Personal Vehicle Storage Limitations

Cities and counties are not allowed to adopt or implement regulations regarding purchasing, transporting, owning and storing handguns, ammunition and other relevant tools.

Carry Restrictions for State, National and other Public Lands

Carrying firearms in state, national and public lands in Kansas is legally accepted, provided that those places are not approved by the AG to be designated as “No Gun” zones.

Traveling in a Vehicle with a Firearm without a Kansas Permit

Cities and counties are not allowed to adopt or implement regulations regarding purchasing, transporting, owning and storing handguns, ammunition and other relevant tools.

As of July 1, 2014, no laws in Kansas are made to restrict transporting of handguns in a vehicle. Individuals may transport loaded firearms, either stored in a container or not, in a vehicle without the need for a permit.

Open Carry Laws for Kansas

Open carrying is legally accepted for those without valid permits. A carrier must at least 18 years old. To know more about this, check the “State Preemption Section”.

Some states do not allow open carrying but permit concealed carrying in some places. For more information, check the website at or search using the keywords “State Name Open Carry” on Google.

Carry Law Preemptions for Kansas

Cities and counties are not allowed to adopt or implement regulations regarding purchasing, transporting, owning and storing handguns, ammunition and other relevant tools.

Kansas believes that it is necessary to have a uniform policy for obtaining a concealed carry permit for self-defense purposes, and they want to ensure that every law-abiding individuals are given the right to protect themselves in all situations.

Kansas Laws for Use of Deadly Force

Chapter 21: Crimes and Punishment
Article 32: Principles of Criminal Liability
21-3201 Criminal intent.
21-3202 Criminal intent; exclusions.
21-3203 Ignorance or mistake.
21-3204 Guilt without criminal intent, when.
21-3205 Liability for crimes of another.
21-3206 Corporations; criminal responsibility.
21-3207 Individual liability for corporate crime.
21-3208 Intoxication.
21-3209 Compulsion.
21-3210 Entrapment.
21-3211 Use of force in defense of a person.
21-3212 Use of force in defense of dwelling.
21-3213 Use of force in defense of property other than a dwelling.
21-3214 Use of force by an aggressor.
21-3215 Law enforcement officer’s use of force in making arrest.
21-3216 Private person’s use of force in making arrest.
21-3217 Use of force in resisting arrest.
21-3218 No duty to retreat
21-5220 Use of force; construction and application. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3220] 21-5221 Use of force; definitions. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3221] 21-5222 Use of force in defense of a person. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3211] 21-5223 Use of force in defense of dwelling. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3212] 21-5224 Use of force; presumptions. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3212a] 21-5225 Use of force in defense of property other than a dwelling. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. 21-3213] 21-5226 Use of force by an aggressor. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3214] 21-5227 Law enforcement officer’s use of force in making arrest. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21- 3215] 21-5228 Private person’s use of force in making arrest. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3216
21-5229 Use of force in resisting arrest. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3217] 21-5230 No Duty to Retreat; exceptions. [Amends K.S.A. 2010 Supp. § 21-3218] 21-5231 Use of force; immunity from prosecution or liability; investigation.

State and City Laws for Carrying Knives

The laws regarding carrying of knives in the state of Kansas can be seen in this link.

Laws for Carrying Where Alcohol is Served

Kansas allow restaurant carrying. “Restaurant carrying” is defined as carrying a firearm in a place that serves alcohol. Carriers are allowed to bring their firearms on such premises as long as they will not consume alcohol. And if they enter one, they should not sit at the bar area because some states consider this as illegal. There are some places that use “No Gun” signs like the Friday’s and Red Lobster, and carriers are prohibited to carry their guns on those places.

As per recommendation of, individuals should not consume alcohol when carrying handguns. Taking just a single drink is already illegal for some states. Check the laws of your state to know more information about this.

Electric Weapons, Defensive Sprays and High Capacity Laws

Just like firearms, electric weapons and defensive sprays are not allowed in private and public schools.

Kansas LEOSA Information

LEOSA Retired Officer CCW Information

Kansas’ Attorney General Opinion Regarding LEOSA

• Law enforcement officers who are not on-duty are still able to carry concealed firearms on any establishment allowing carrying of firearms provided that they comply to the following conditions:
0 They adhere to the policies implemented by the agency they belong to
0 They have the valid license and identification documents required by the agency and present it to the authority when asked to do so.
• Law enforcers from other states and retired officers who qualify for the three criteria required by the federal law (18 U.S.C. §§ 926B and 926C) are allowed to carry concealed guns in any buildings that allow carrying of concealed firearms. Such officers and retired officers should present the identification documents when asked by the authority.
• Officers and retired officers who possess valid licenses to carry concealed guns under the personal and family protection act will adhere to conditions of that act, but for the first two groups, they should follow the laws on what places they are allowed to carry their handguns.

Additional Information and Airport Requirements

There are no relevant laws found regarding carrying of firearms inside the airport. There is also no time period required to recognize training as valid. There is no time period as well to establish an individual’s residency in Kansas. If he just moved in to the state, he can be eligible for the training course and carry his firearm during the allowance given by the attorney general while waiting for the decision on his license application. For this to be possible, the individual must possess a valid carry permit from the state he belonged to before. The copy of the permit must be attached to their application for a Kansas license which is submitted before at the office of the sheriff.

The minimum age to apply for a license is 21 years old. No Kansas laws related to body armors are found. The permit issued by Kansas does not cover all types of weapons aside from firearms. According to the law, an individual with a permit should carry a firearm that is designed to be discharged by one hand. Carrying concealed guns with permit for self-defense purposes only when hunting is considered as legal.

Supplemental Information

How does Kansas Interpret A “Loaded Handgun”?

Kansas doesn’t have their own definition of Loaded and Unloaded. But for most states, unloaded handgun is a gun without rounds in the attached magazine. Once an individual is arrested by the police, the court will be the one to decide whether or not to charge him of possession of a loaded firearm without permit.

Seizure of firearms
“Seize” is the act of taking hold of an owner’s firearm forcibly under actual authority of law.

State officers and employees, members of the national guard and other persons employed by the state while acting during a state of emergency should seize a firearm that is legally carried, not unless the firearm will be used as an evidence for a crime. They should also not require carriers to register any kind of firearm is registration is not mandated by the law. Failure to adhere to this policy is automatically considered as violation.

Individuals who are subjected to such kinds of violation may file charges in the court for the deprivation of his rights and privileges. The individual who was aggrieved by the seizure may also ask for the return of his firearm in the court where it was confiscated.

Age Requirements for Carrying or Moving Firearms

To be able to own and carry any kind of firearm in Kansas, an individual should be at least 18 years old. For a few states, there are strict rules on possessing and transporting weapons in a vehicle. Carriers may only be allowed to transport their guns to and from the gun shop, owner’s house or shooting range. Others do not impose this restriction.


4/12/15 – Initial page created.